Support for children or separated spouses is governed by a guideline procedure set forth by the legislature of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Child support will usually be awarded to the parent who has primary physical custody of the children for at least one more day per month than the other parent. Even if the non-custodial parent makes less money than the other parent, support for children will be required.

Upon separation, a spouse may request support from the other spouse, provided that they are economically less well off. Once a divorce is filed, that, “Support,” becomes known as, “Alimony Pendente Lite (APL),” In most cases, support and APL will end once a divorce decree is granted. Pennsylvania Law does allow for alimony, but the awarding of it is rare.

At Diulus Law, we assure that you will receive the maximum support, and will protect you from paying any more than is legally required.